How do u delete your Instagram account: Everyone has the reason why he or she wants to delete their Instagram accounts. The owner of a ship knows better he decided to dispose of it. By this context, you are trying to permanently delete your Instagram account.
My mission in this article is to show you how to delete your Instagram account. However, before I reveal the simple steps of deletion, I will first of all answer some questions for you to further help boost your possibility of making the right decision.
Things you must know before deleting your Instagram account
Well, I don’t know the reason why you have decided to delete your Instagram account. If the reason is for security’s sake, there is no problem, but if you are deleting your Instagram account for a reason that can be ignored for a while, then, there is a possibility that you may regret your action. The reason is that there are some numbers of factors that come after the deletion process which are explained in details here:
Your Profile Picture will be removed
Before you start the process of deleting your Instagram account, make sure that you understand the sacrifice you are about to make. For instance, you should have the back up of your profile picture if you are still in need of it. Although, you may have backed up your profile picture somewhere before, so, if that’s your case, then you are a step ahead free to delete your Instagram account.
Your Photos and Videos will be Gone
Social media in modern days have been a channel through which we keep most of our memories. If I may further convince you, have you not seen people quickly posting their pre-wedding pictures, and videos on the internet? Especially on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, or Youtube, people can’t wait to let people see the good news about them. now, you want to delete your Instagram account, are you tired of those memories you shared on the platform? Well, if your reason is genuine, there is no need to panic, just follow the process I will share with you in a few minutes.
Your comments, likes and followers will be permanently gone
This is another warning for you if you delete your Instagram account, your comments, likes, and followers will be permanently deleted! Will you still go ahead?
In the case of comments, and likes, I don’t think there is a big deal about losing them, perhaps most of us have spoken a lot of tr*shes on social media and feel like to get rid of them for protection. What about your followers? Are they insignificant to you now? You must answer this question before you begin the process of you deleting your account.
Your Dear Username can’t be used for signup again
Before you build a house that will later collapse on your head, you must have bought substandard building materials out of ignorance. Listen to me; do you know that the same thing can happen to you here? If you know that you will still want to use your current username in the future, then, you have to choose 50-50 whether to sacrifice it now, or leave your account undeleted.
You cannot reactivate a deleted account
To me, deleting an account on Instagram is like a chemical change in chemistry. You cannot reactivate it again. Well, things change, maybe with time, the Instagram owner may decide to sell back your deleted Instagram account and username to you, and then reactivate it. As for now, I doubt if it is possible for anyone to help you reactivate a deleted Instagram account.
How to delete your Instagram account
The simple steps you can use to delete your Instagram account are not far from you, all you need to do is to follow my instruction right away.
- Login to your Instagram account: if you haven’t logged in to your Instagram account, you may want to do so immediately, so login now.
- Navigate to the Delete Your Account Page: since you cannot delete your Instagram account within the app, you need to go to the mentioned page above and start the process.
- Click on the drop-down and select an option from the drop-down menu that is next to “why do you want to delete your account?” re-enter your password carefully.
- The option for you to permanently delete your account will appear when you must have selected a reason for deleting your account.
- Click on “Permanently delete my account menu” and you are done.
Can I temporarily disable my Instagram account
You may choose to temporarily disable your Instagram account if you don’t want to permanently delete it due to the conditions above. Unlike the permanent deletion, this is like the opposite. You profile pictures, photos, videos, comments, likes, followers will be temporarily hidden until you decide to reactivate it but you will have to login again.
How to temporarily disable your Instagram account
- Login to your Instagram account using a computer. The reason is that you can’t temporarily disable your account within the app.
- Click your profile picture at the top right and click Profile, and then click Edit Profile.
- Move down, and then click temporarily disable my account from the bottom right.
- Select a menu option that says why are you disabling your account? Re-enter your password. The option disables your account will only appear after you must have selected a reason on the menu and enter your password.
- Click the option Temporarily Disable Account.
How do you delete an Instagram account on a phone
This query is like asking how you can remove multiple Instagram account from your phone rather than deleting the entire data in the case of what I discussed with you concerning how you can permanently delete your Instagram account.
Removing Multiple Instagram accounts on a phone
- Login to your Instagram account using a mobile phone browser, or a computer.
- Tap in the top right and then select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down and click on the option temporarily disable my account from the bottom right.
How to delete Instagram account on iPhone
iPhone is quite different from android and the users of the two types of devices can testify to this claim. They are two different devices with different functionalities except for a few similarities that make them mobile phones, such as camera, calling, browsing, and texting, and so on.
- Go to Instagram on your iPhone device and click on the profile icon located at the bottom of your screen.
- Touch the settings icon provided on the profile page and then scroll down to select Help Center.
- Click on the option Basics and then select Getting Started
- Select the option Delete Your Account
- Click on how do I delete my account? Click on the hyperlinked go to this page
- Type your Instagram account details and then select the reason why you want to delete your Instagram account.
- Type in your Instagram account in the provided box and click delete permanently delete my account.
- Touch OK to confirm deletion and then your Instagram account will be removed from your iPhone.
There are different reasons why people may want to delete their Instagram accounts. It could be that the account is old and you feel like it is not useful to you again, if you delete it, then it is your decision. Some people may decide to temporarily deactivate their Instagram account with the hope that they may come back to use it next time. For instance, a student may decide to permanently delete his Instagram account so that he can stay focused on his education.
While you are trying to delete your Instagram account, always remember the consequences so that you will make some backups through either your phone, by downloading your pictures on Instagram, or Google Drive, and other data storage media that can help preserve your information in case you might need them someday for a reference.
What is your take on this article? Is there anything you want me to add so that the article will be more comprehensive? Don’t hesitate to drop your comments on the comment box.